Thursday, February 9, 2012

Why Jewish Environmental Education Matters

At this point in the year - our first year with a variety of 'tracks' for 3rd-6th grade students - I don't think I have to convince many parents at Temple Isaiah of the need for innovative and track-based Religious School programs.  I've been delighted by the changes we've made, and although there are always small things to work out (finding the best teachers, working with individual students' needs, etc), I think the general path we've taken is a great one.

That being said, I thought I'd pass along a really interesting article called "Why Jewish Environmental Education Matters."  In our community, the "Jewish environmental education" is part of our Teva program for 3rd and 4th graders, although I could imagine a time in the future (if our enrollment is high enough) when we might be able to offer a similar program for older kids, teens, and/or adults.  In the meantime, I'm very happy that we have a program like Teva at Temple Isaiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment